Invitrogen™ pSecTag2 A, B, & C Mammalian Expression Vectors
pSecTag2 and pSecTag2/Hygro are mammalian expression vectors designed for the secretion, purification, and detection of fusion proteins. Each vector has a large multiple cloning site in three reading frames to simplify cloning in frame with the N-terminal secretion signal.
The pSecTag2 vectors carry the Zeocin™ resistance gene for cost-effective selection in mammalian cells. Zeocin™ selection can also be used in E. coli.
The pSecTag2/Hygro vectors have the Hygromycin B resistance gene for selection of stable mammalian cell lines.
- Secretion signal from the V-J2-C region of the mouse Ig kappa-chain for efficient secretion of recombinant proteins (Figure 2)
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) promoter for high-level constitutive expression
- C-terminal polyhistidine (6xHis) tag for rapid purification with nickel-chelating resin and detection with an Anti-His(C-term) Antibody
- C-terminal c-myc epitope for detection with an Anti-myc Antibody
- Bovine Growth Hormone (BGH) polyadenylation signal and transcription termination sequence to enhance mRNA stability
- SV40 origin for episomal replication and simple vector rescue in cell lines expressing the large T antigen (e.g., COS-1, COS-7)
- pSecTag2 A, B, and C: 20 μg
- pSecTag2/PSA: 20 μg